Selecting A Photographer
There are several important considerations any consumer must take into account when choosing a professional image maker. The following suggestions apply to any type of photography that you might need.
- Photography is an art form, and the best image makers are artists with a camera.
- Because photography is a visual medium, it is imperative for clients to view the work of any image maker they are considering.
- Keep in mind that the images you want will become heirlooms in the future, therefore you should take care to make the best investment you can.
- It is equally as important to talk to the person to whom you are entrusting your assignment. That way you can be sure that the images will reflect what you want. This is true for commercial, portrait, wedding work or any type of photography that you require.
- Photographers who belong to a professional organization such as the VPPA demonstrate a willingness to maintain and upgrade their skills.
- The members who attend the educational functions are challenged and inspired to create exciting images.
- By spending their own time and money to learn from nationally known photographers, VPPA members improve their own proficiency and better serve their clients.
- The members of this Association endorse a Code of Ethics that requires honorable business practices.
- VPPA members, by virtue of being members in the only statewide professional photography association in Virginia, demonstrate that they hold their profession and their craft in the highest regard. Their main goal is to provide quality work that will stand the test of time.